My Victory Time is Now



The greatest victory a man will ever have is to have his sins forgiven. Having Jesus Christ reigning in our lives is the greatest victory we can ever have. Jesus gives life and life in all abundance (John 10:10). He is the giver of living water and once we take the living water, we shall stop searching for temporal things to quench our thirst. Victory and contentment is always in Christ Jesus just as it happened to the Samaritan woman (John 4:7-29), who drank the living water and she never thirsted again. After searching for satisfaction from many men, she met the Man who made a total difference and granted her victory over sin, turning her to the greatest evangelist of her time there and then. Selah!

 The Giver of our victory completed the triumphant story on the cross through His death and resurrection and He said, “it is finished” (John 19:30). He made us victors over everything, including death. We are therefore more than conquerors because the One who overcame death is in us. He has thus opened for us a new season, a new page and a new dawn that is abundant with victory.

Never forget Jesus faced temptations and opposition and never lost in any battle.

John16:33
These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world and so you shall overcome”.

What a great assurance of victory, victory and victory .There are times we face testing and trials and the world starts questioning our faith in God. Our enemies reproach us as they question and wonder where our God is (Psalm 42:10). They see our desperate conditions and call us names but these things have to come so that we may know His power. When sickness comes our way, we have opportunity to see Jehovah Rapha, our healer and great Physician, Jesus Christ, by whose stripes we were healed (1 Peter 2:24).

Paul, a servant and great apostle, had encounters of trials, temptations and sufferings. He expressed his experiences in 2 Corinthians 11 & 12. Let’s see a portion of what he said:

2 Corinthians 11:23-33
Are they ministers of Christ?—I speak as a fool—I am more: in labors more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequently, in deaths often. 24 From the Jews five times I received forty stripes minus one. 25 Three times I was beaten with rods; once I was stoned; three times I was shipwrecked; a night and a day I have been in the deep; 26 in journeys often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils of my own countrymen, in perils of the Gentiles, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren; 27 in weariness and toil, in sleeplessness often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness— 28 besides the other things, what comes upon me daily: my deep concern for all the churches. 29 Who is weak, and I am not weak? Who is made to stumble, and I do not burn with indignation?
30 If I must boast, I will boast in the things which concern my infirmity. 31 The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who is blessed forever, knows that I am not lying. 32 In Damascus the governor, under Aretas the king, was guarding the city of the Damascenes with a garrison, desiring to arrest me; 33 but I was let down in a basket through a window in the wall, and escaped from his hands.
Circumstances prepared and nurtured apostle Paul to the person he became. Thus he had confidence and experience when he said that in all things he is more than a conqueror (Romans 8:37). The process he underwent was not unto his destruction but to establish a testimony, that would also lead us to our victory. Once you experience victory from all the trials, you will also say like Paul,

Romans 1:16
I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth…

and for this cause

Philippians  1:21
For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain

Brethren there is therefore no trials that come to us that are uncommon or unbearable (I Corinthians 10:13), hence have this assurance that we are able to overcome every trial. Since the process did not destroy Apostle Paul, it shall not destroy us too. Jesus will never be defeated; He who is in me is greater than he that is in the world (I John 4:4). It is our season for victory. Our time for victory has come. The kind of miracles that Jesus did, He promised us that through Him we shall accomplish even greater works (John 14:12). It is time that the naysayers will see our God and know Him for He has ushered us into a new dawn since weeping may endure for a night but joy comes in the morning! (Psalms 30:5)

The Word of God encourages us and gives us the assurance that we are victorious.

Micah 7:8-10
Do not rejoice over me, my enemy; when I fall, I will arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD will be a light to me. I will bear the indignation of the LORD, because I have sinned against Him, until He pleads my case and executes justice for me. He will bring me forth to the light; I will see His righteousness. Then she who is my enemy will see, and shame will cover her who said to me, "Where is the LORD your God?" My eyes will see her; now she will be trampled down Like mud in the streets.

Psalm 34:19-22
Many are the afflictions of the righteous; But the LORD delivers him out of them all. He guards all his bones; not one of them is broken. Evil shall slay the wicked, and those who hate the righteous shall be condemned. The LORD redeems the soul of His servants, and none of those who trust in Him shall be condemned.

Our joy, our morning has started this August and that’s how we shall live. The Lord exhorts us to be still and know that He is God (Psalms 46:10) and that we should be at peace even at such times when we face tribulations.

John16:33
These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world and so you shall overcome”.

It is well even when storms are on our way. There is a time for persecution and a time for victory.

In instances of great battle, here are some tips towards your victory:


1.      Use the spiritual weapons from the Lord. This will paralyze the works of the enemy:

2 Corinthians 10:4-5
For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,

Our warfare is not carnal. We are fighting against the spirit of the enemy. Prayer and praise are key weapons. Prophesy to the situation. Pray and tell the Lord that you know you will get out of the situation. There is great victory once we take the weapons of our warfare and allow the Lion of Judah to take control. Never give the devil a chance; cast him away in Jesus’ Name and he will indeed have no control in your territory.


2.      Have the assurance that God’s grace is sufficient. His kindness, mercy, favour, His loving kindness is enough for us:

2 Corinthians 12:8-9
Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Philippians 4:11-13
 ‘Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: 12 I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. 13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.


3.      Command your soul not to be cast down, and put your hope in God alone.

Psalm 42:5
Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him for the help of His countenance.

Colossians 1:27
To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.


4.      Be of good cheer. Laugh and mock your situation.

John 16:33
“These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world”


5.      Confess positively all the time.

2 Corinthians 2:14
Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place

Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose


 Stay blessed.




-- Pastor Mary Mugo. 


(03/08/14 Sunday Service Sermon, Teaching Transformation Ministry.) 


Pastor Mary is the Senior Pastor at Teaching Transformation Ministry. We are located along the 
Thika-Ruai Flyover Junction (at the Thika Rd./ Bypass intersection), Next to Eastgate Restaurant.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Overcoming the Enemies of Our Destinies

Serving God Has Never Been in Vain

Keys To Fruitfulness