Contentment in God


Morning Exhortation
By: Brother George Wanjau
Theme: Contentment in God
Book(s): Psalm 73
Have you ever wondered what happens in life when you see the wicked prosper and the righteous in suffering? Maybe it’s in riches, favor, abundance?
Let’s look at what the Word of God talks about the wicked and the righteous.
Psalms 73–89
The Tragedy of the Wicked, and the Blessedness of Trust in God
A Psalm of Asaph.
73 Truly God is good to Israel,
To such as are pure in heart.
2 But as for me, my feet had almost stumbled;
My steps had nearly slipped.
3 For I was envious of the boastful,
When I saw the prosperity of the wicked.
4 For there are no [a]pangs in their death,
But their strength is firm.
5 They are not in trouble as other men,
Nor are they plagued like other men.
6 Therefore pride serves as their necklace;
Violence covers them like a garment.
7 Their [b]eyes bulge with abundance;
They have more than heart could wish.
8 They scoff and speak wickedly concerning oppression;
They speak [c]loftily.
9 They set their mouth against the heavens,
And their tongue walks through the earth.
10 Therefore his people return here,
And waters of a full cup are drained by them.
11 And they say, “How does God know?
And is there knowledge in the Most High?”
12 Behold, these are the ungodly,
Who are always at ease;
They increase in riches.
13 Surely I have [d]cleansed my heart in vain,
And washed my hands in innocence.
14 For all day long I have been plagued,
And chastened every morning.
15 If I had said, “I will speak thus,”
Behold, I would have been untrue to the generation of Your children.
16 When I thought how to understand this,
It was [e]too painful for me—
17 Until I went into the sanctuary of God;
Then I understood their end.
18 Surely You set them in slippery places;
You cast them down to destruction.
19 Oh, how they are brought to desolation, as in a moment!
They are utterly consumed with terrors.
20 As a dream when one awakes,
So, Lord, when You awake,
You shall despise their image.
21 Thus my heart was grieved,
And I was [f]vexed in my mind.
22 I was so foolish and ignorant;
I was like a beast before You.
23 Nevertheless I am continually with You;
You hold me by my right hand.
24 You will guide me with Your counsel,
And afterward receive me to glory.
25 Whom have I in heaven but You?
And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You.
26 My flesh and my heart fail;
But God is the [g]strength of my heart and my portion forever.
27 For indeed, those who are far from You shall perish;
You have destroyed all those who [h]desert You for harlotry.
28 But it is good for me to draw near to God;
I have put my trust in the Lord God,
That I may declare all Your works.

In verse 1:16,
The writer(Asaph) laments on the how the wicked people prosper in almost everything they do, yet the righteous man in anguish and sorrow. Brethren, one key lesson in this verses can be addressed by a question…Where are your eyes focused on? If you focus on the prosperity of the wicked and not God, then your heart is redirected to lamenting on how bad your life is. Focus on God and contentment will become a part of you.
In verse 17-28,
The writer(Asaph) seeks wisdom from God regarding this matter and realizes that despite the prosperity of the wicked man, he/she is blind and on a path of destruction. The major lesson from this verses is that as brethren, we should not desire the prosperity from wickedness as the end result is destruction. But with Godly contentment we should seek and prioritize the things of the Kingdom of God.
Reference to:
1 Timothy 6:8-10 New King James Version (NKJV)
8 And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content. 9 But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and harmful lusts which drown men in destruction and perdition. 10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
Be blessed

This message was brought to you by Minister George Wanjau. A teacher of the Word of God and a member of Teaching Transformation Ministry.


Comments

  1. Magji e fortë dhe e fuqishme dashurie për të fituar përsëri ish tuaj. - Në rregull. Kam vendosur që unë do të kaloj gjithë ditën në internet vetëm për të siguruar që shumë njerëz mund të lexojnë këtë dëshmi të mija për Dr Ellen i cili është një magji e fuqishme magji nga Afrika, pasi u braktis nga i dashuri im unë isha aq i vetmuar atë ditë që unë vendosa të shkoj nëpër rrjetë për disa këshilla marrëdhëniesh, kurrë nuk e dija se kjo ishte harta e rrugës që do të siguronte kthimin e të dashurit tim. Pas leximit shumë sugjerime se si për të rivendosur marrëdhënien time në një mënyrë më të mirë, kam gjetur se Dr Ellen ka shumë rekomandime se të tjerët, kështu që me këtë unë kisha vendosur që Dr Ellen ishte personi i duhur për punën, dhe kam kontaktuar Dr Ellen përmes detajeve të tij kam parë në internet unë jam i kënaqur që zgjodha të punoj me Dr Ellen sepse puna e tij ishte 100% e përsosur dhe magjia solli të dashurin tim përsëri tek unë me lehtësim të shpejtë. Ju gjithashtu mund të kontaktoni atë për ndihmë tani email: ellenspellcaster@gmail.com
    Whatsapp: +2348155926512

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment.

Blessings.

Popular posts from this blog

Overcoming the Enemies of Our Destinies

Serving God Has Never Been in Vain

Keys To Fruitfulness